University Testing Services
BU's Office of University Testing Services supports the university's educational mission by providing national, graduate, professional certification and distance-education examinations to students and other examinees in a professional, secure and accessible environment.
All tests are administered with high quality customer service under standardized conditions that are efficient, fair and secure. We uphold the standards set forth by the National Collegiate Testing Association (NCTA).
- CACP — computer-based certification for anticoagulation service providers
- CASTLE — computer-based professional certification and licensure exams
- CLEP — computer-based test that helps students earn credit for what they already know, regardless of how that knowledge was learned
- GRE — paper-based subject exams used for admission to many graduate programs
- MAT — computer-based test that assesses your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, fluency in the English language and general knowledge of literature, philosophy, history, science, mathematics, and fine arts
- MPRE — 60-question, two-hour, multiple-choice exam to measure knowledge and understanding of established standards related to a lawyer's professional conduct
- NCE — four-hour, paper-based exam administered for the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- PRAXIS — paper-based testing used as part of the teacher licensing and certification process
- LSAT — half-day, multiple choice standardized test required by all American Bar Association-approved law schools to measure skills considered essential for success in law school
- Test Proctoring — provides computer-based or paper-based test proctoring and distance education exam administration
- Freshmen ACCUPLACER Placement Test — All entering freshmen are required to take the placement test. Please sign up online for your desired test date and time. NOTE: Act 101/EOP students will be notified by the department of testing dates.
Valid photo ID required — Those who arrive without a valid photo ID will not be tested.