You are here
New Freshmen Orientation
New Freshmen Orientation
Spring Start Orientation for new freshman will take place on Friday, January 20, 2017. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. and orientation begins at 1:30 p.m.
From 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Family members are welcome to accompany you to orientation, but are not required to attend.
Check-in takes place in the Kehr Union Building, Ballroom Lobby.
You will not need a special parking permit to park on campus during orientation. However, if you are bringing a car to campus for the semester, you may obtain a parking decal here. Any vehicle that will be parked on campus is required to have a parking decal.
The schedule of events for the orientation is as follows:
- 8 to 1:25 p.m. Student ID Photos Card Center, Elwell Hall. Student IDs will be distributed at 4:30pm, at the conclusion of Spring Start orientation.
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. *Advisor Meetings by appointment. *Not all students will have advisor appointments on this day. Please check your BU email to learn if you have an appointment.
- 12 to 12:50 p.m. Optional Campus tour. Departs from Carver Hall, Penn St. Current students will introduce where your classes will be, and share the best tips on navigating your beautiful campus and town!
- 12 to 1 p.m. *Orientation Lunch, Scranton Commons. Please check your BU email for a complimentary lunch ticket. Any guests who accompany you to orientation are welcome to join you in orientation lunch at a cost of $9.80. Cash, credit, and debit are accepted at entry to the dining hall.
- 12:45 to 1:25 p.m. Registration and Resource Fair, Kehr Union, Ballroom Lobby. Chat with representatives from Financial Aid, Police & Safety, Student Health
Center, local banking, Greek Life, Student Clubs, and more!
- 1:30 to 1:45 p.m.Welcome to you, at BU! Kehr Union Ballroom 1.
- 1:50 to 2:20.p.m. My College & Me Deans’ Overview. Meet your College Dean and learn about the opportunities and experiences you can expect from your College!
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. You, at BU! for Students
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. You, at BU! for Families & Supporters
- 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Husky Standards & Expectations, Kehr Union Ballroom. This Title IX workshop is required by the federal government. Attendance will be taken. If the workshop is missed, it must be made up during the first week of classes.
- 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Student ID & Prize Distribution, Kehr Union Ballroom Lobby