You are here
Non-Degree Category Definitions
Non-Degree Category Definitions
Category 1: Adults who have not earned a Bachelor’s Degree and who desire to enroll on a part time basis.
- Credential requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission, official high school transcript or copy of GED scores, and a college transcript if appropriate. Students may take up to seven credits per semester. No financial aid is available.
Category 2: Visiting students enrolled at another institution of higher education who desire to complete their course work at Bloomsburg University for transfer to their home institutions. Students may take no more than 7 credits per semester during the summer sessions. There is no financial aid.
- Credential requirements:
- Completed application for non-degree admission.
- Students should make certain that course work pursued at Bloomsburg University would satisfy course requirements at their home institution.
- All are required to have their College/University send an Official College transcript to the Academic Advisement Center, 216 Warren Student Services Center, Attn: P.J. Weinhofer, Bloomsburg University, 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg, PA 17815.
Category 3: Advance College Experience - High school students who wish to enroll in University courses must apply to the Office of Off-Campus, Summer College and ACE Program.
- Credential Requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission, official high school transcript and a letter of recommendation from the student’s school guidance counselor. Scheduling is done through the Coordinator of the ACE Program. Any student planning on taking 12 credits per semester should schedule with the Coordinator of the Non-Degree Program. Tuition and Fees are reduced by 75% for on Campus classes or 50% if held at another school site.
Category 4: Students with a bachelor's degree taking undergraduate courses.
- Credential requirements: Completed application for undergraduate non-degree admission and Official College Transcript. Students who want to take Graduate-level classes must contact the Graduate office at 570-389-4015.
Category 5: Students with academic deficiencies (low grades) who desire to pursue a program of academic recovery to qualify for undergraduate degree admission.
- Credential Requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission, official college transcript, and official high school transcript.
Category 7: Senior citizens 60 years or older, legal resident of the United States and residing in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania are eligible to apply for a tuition waver by submitting a non-degree application along with proof of age. Students are responsible for all other applicable fees. Students will be admitted to a class on a seat available basis only.
- Credential Requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission, copy of proof of age, and U.S. Residency
Category 8: Students who are seeking a program in any of the five certificate areas.
- Credential Requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission, official high school transcript or copy of GED scores and signature of coordinator of the Office of Adult Advisement. Students with previous college credits may not apply. Financial aid may be available.
Category 9: Global exchange students.
- Credential requirements: Completed application for non-degree admission and verification of entrance or enrollment at a foreign college or university. Students are advised and scheduled through their faculty liaison and are full-time.
Non Degree Category 8 Certificate Codes
- Code #6030 - Community Recreation Leader
- Code #6040 - Community Service
- Code #6050 - Environmental Planning
- Code #6060 - Gerontology
- Code #6100 - Public Administration