The Voice - Bloomsburg University’s Student Newspaper
The Voice welcomes students in all majors to write, to design and photograph and to work in business and advertising. Editors are elected each semester, and dedicated staff members can move up quickly. Once a student has joined the staff, they are encouraged to contribute weekly. Deadlines are Tuesday at 4 p.m. for features, arts and entertainment, and opinion, and Wednesdays at 4 p.m. for news and sports. To join, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the office on a production night (Tuesday or Wednesday).
Fast Facts of The Voice
- Bloomsburg University has published a student newspaper continuously since 1923, though it has not always been called The Voice. Earlier names have included The Maroon and Gold and The Campus Voice.
- The Voice publishes every Thursday, starting the second week of each semester. Copies are free to students, faculty, and staff. They may be picked up in the classroom buildings, the Kehr Union, the Commons, and other campus locations.
- The Voice office is located in the Kehr Union, Room 101. It is under the Fireside Lounge. Main production nights are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Office phone is (570) 389-4457.
- Requests for coverage of an event , letters to the editor, or advertisements must be received no later than Monday at 6 p.m. to make that Thursday’s paper.
- The Voice is supported primarily by advertising, with partial funding from CGA.
Who’s Who on The Voice - Spring 2013
Editor in Chief — Vanessa Pellechio
Managing Editor (Tues.) — Leigh Lukashunas
Managing Editor (Wed.) — Tom Ciampoli
Deputy Managing Editor —Gabby Vielhauer
Senior Editor — Joe Fisher
News Editor — Brianna Albertini
Assistant News Editor — Lily McElroy
Opinion Editor — Kristal Martinez
Assistant Opinion Editor— Adina Evans
Features Editor — Zoe Compton
Assistant Features Editor — Jessie Napkora
Arts & Entertainment Editor — Rae Meade
Assistant Arts & Entertainment Editor — Keara Hozella
Sports Editors — David Kropp and Justin Hollingsworth
Photography Editors — Katelin Bolig and Alex Gengler
Assistant Photography Editor — Anthony Patrick
Staff Photographers — Cole Kresch, Katrina Garthe and Megan Daw
Webmaster — Briana Davis and Emily George
Advertising Director — Emily Sands
Circulation Directors — Adina Evans and Brandon Belusko
Faculty Adviser — Mary Bernath