About Us - Preparing students for successful lives in a complex world
Building on a rich history of academic excellence as one of 14 public universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, Bloomsburg University prepares and inspires students to become dynamic and confident leaders.
Resources for Academic Excellence ... As the largest comprehensive university in Northeastern and Northcentral Pennsylvania, BU offers 54 undergraduate majors, 44 undergraduate minors and 20 graduate programs, along with the equipment and technology to give students the best possible preparation for careers in their field today.
Connections to Careers and the World ... An alumni base of more than 55,000 enables students to network throughout eastern U.S. and beyond. Students also have opportunities to study abroad in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas.
Environment for Service and Engagement ... More than 200 student clubs and organizations — ranging from community service, arts, business, athletics, fun and entertainment — gives students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, creativity and personal growth. Students are actively involved within the community with more than 62,000 hours dedicated to volunteerism each year.
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Speech‐Language‐Hearing Association
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- American Society of Exercise Physiologists
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Allied Health Education Programs
- Council on Education of the Deaf
- National Association of Schools of Theatre
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Computing Accreditation Commission
- Technology Accreditation Commission
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
Program Approval: Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Nursing, American Chemical Society recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologies.
Students requesting a hard copy of an accreditation certificate may contact the Office of the Provost at (570) 389-4308.