2. Become aware of your thoughts and beliefs and express emotions in a constructive, healthy way.
3. Undo negative self-talk by re-labeling upsetting thoughts.
(Ask yourself, “What can I think and do to make this less stressful?” An example could be, “Coping with this can make me stronger.”)
4. See your body and yourself in a positive light by writing an “I like myself because…” list.
5. Encourage yourself, use hopeful statements and believe in your competencies and self-worth.
6. Become aware and critical of how the media portrays messages of beauty and thinness.
7. Become involved in activities that promote your physical and mental well-being and/ or the well-being of others.
8. Surround yourself with individuals who are supportive, respectful, and encouraging.
9. Set challenging, yet realistic, goals and find ways to link those goals to your dreams, values, or emotions.
10. Be thankful everyday for three good things.