You are here
This spring, the demolition of the University Store building will begin to make the site ready for the construction of a new residence hall. During the project, the University Store will be located in a temporary location on the lower level of Kehr Union, the University Store ATM machine will be at the front south entrance of the Scranton Commons, the University Mailroom will be on the south west lower level of Elwell Hall and the University Police Office will be in its’ permanent location in the newly constructed addition of Andruss Library.
In addition, in the area around the construction site you can expect to see:
- a construction fence that will be installed. It will surround the entire exterior of the building. Heavy construction equipment will also be located on the site and traveling on Second Street
- the sidewalk on Second Street, directly in front of the current University store site, will be altered to move pedestrian traffic away from the construction site
- the pedestrian walkway between Luzerne Hall and the current University Store will be accessible for students traveling through that section of campus
- the sidewalk in front of Lycoming Hall will be open
- construction job trailers will be located on the south lawn area of Ben Franklin Hall
- Some hazardous materials will be removed from the interior of the building, but will be removed in a safe manner, in accordance with all appropriate safety regulations
All students faculty and staff should be vigilant to potential hazards and vehicles during this time and should plan alternate routes away from the construction area when possible.