Council of Trustees
BU's Council of Trustees, who are appointed by the Governor of Pennsylvania and approved by the Senate, are charged with reviewing the administration, fiscal management and physical plant of the university. The Trustees also conduct an annual evaluation of the president, which is given to the Chancellor for submission to PASSHE's Board of Governors.
Based upon recommendations from the president, the Council of Trustees reviews and approves standards for:
- the admission, discipline, and expulsion of students
- policies and procedures governing use of institutional facilities and property
- the creation of schools and academic programs
- annual operating and capital budget requirements
- contracts and purchases
- charges for room and board, other fees (except student activity fees)
In addition, the Trustees conduct annual facilities inspections and make maintenance and construction recommendations to the Board of Governors.
- Academic Affairs
- University and Student Affairs
- General Administration