You are here
The Michael Collins Theatre Scholarship
Up to four scholarships ranging from $100 to $750 may be awarded to students majoring in Theatre Arts who
- display a commitment to theatre as a diverse and multi-disciplinary pursuit,
- possess a collaborative spirit and leadership qualities, and
- demonstrate a positive, willing attitude and work ethic.
Priority in selection will be given to students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall and 3.5 in theatre courses.
Complete/submit the following:
- Bloomsburg University Standard Scholarship Application
- Resume of experience in the theatre
- Short essay addressing the question: “How has your experience in the theatre impacted your understanding of one of the following: leadership, collaboration, work ethic?
- Audition and/or portfolio review plus an interview with the Theatre Arts faculty.
- For newly entering students, a letter of support from an individual familiar with the student’s theatrical experience must also be supplied.
Recipients are selected by a majority vote of the faculty of the Division of Theatre and Dance.
Students may apply for up to 4 years, but renewal is not guaranteed.
Essay, Audition/Portfolio review, and interview are part of the renewal process.
- Application must be made by the university’s announced deadline. This typically occurs during the first week in February for the following academic year.
- Bloomsburg University Scholarship Application: Typically becomes available in December of the year preceding the award. Continuing students may download the application through STINF.
- Entering freshmen and transfer students, may contact the Theatre and Dance division directly to request an application at email@example.com.
Send Resume, Essay, Application and Reference Letter (if applicable) to:
Professor Julie Petry, MFA, Theatre Scholarship Chair
HCA 230, Department of Music, Theatre and Dance
400 E. 2nd St, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Audition/Portfolio Review and Faculty Interview: Candidates will be contacted to set up appointments.