Android Wireless Instructions
You should configure your Android device while on campus within reach of the wireless network signal.
- Tap the menu button, and tap Settings (or choose Settings from your full list of Apps).
- Tap "Wireless & networks".
- Tap "Wi-Fi settings".
- Be sure Wi-Fi is turned on and then Tap the network bloomu. It is very important that you choose bloomu and NOT bloomu-guest.
- Set "EAP Method" to "PEAP", "Phase 2 Authentication" to "MSCHAPV2", leave "CA certificate" and "User certificate" as "(unspecified)", enter your Faculty/Staff username or Student HuskyID in the "Identity" and "Anonymous Identity" fields, and enter your current password and then tap "Connect".
- You should then briefly see the message that it's "Obtaining IP address from bloomu..." and then "Connected to bloomu".
Faculty and Staff Only: You should be ready to use the internet. Go ahead and open your Web Browser app and test the connection.
Students: You will not be able to access the Internet until you register your Android device. Open your web browser app and try to load a web page and you will be redirected to a registration page. Choose “Register your Computer/Device”, read and agree to the network policy and tap “Next”, Enter your HuskyID and password and tap “Apply”. You should quickly get back a page that says your device has been registered. It may take up to a few minutes to move outside the registration network and obtain full connectivity. Verify you can load an internet web site. Once you have verified this, you are all set and as long as you have Wifi enabled, when you are on campus, you will connect to the bloomu wireless network. Note if you were not automatically redirected to registration when you tried loading a page in the web browser app, you can try going to the Registration page directly. Note if you received the message that you registered successfully but you still cannot access the Internet, try turning off Wifi and then turn Wifi back on. When you reconnect, you should be good to go.