You are here
The University provides a state-of-the-art 802.11a/g/n wireless network deployed across campus. This network is accessible to all faculty, staff, students, and guests.
Accessing the Wireless Network
- On your WiFi capable device, connect to the "bloomu-open" network
- If your device does not automatically display a "Welcome to the Bloomsburg University Network" message:
- Select the appropriate option on the "Welcome" page
- Faculty/Staff/Students will be guided through a setup process and will automatically end up on the "bloomu-secure" network
- Guests will have the opportunity to create a temporary guest account to gain internet access on the "bloomu-open" network
Gaming and Media Devices
All gaming and media devices must be enrolled before they can be used on the wireless network or residence hall wired networks. See the Device Enrollment page for details.
Guest access is available using the "bloomu-open" wireless network.
Temporary guest accounts may be obtained by individuals without a university network account (HuskyID). To obtain a guest account, follow the instructions above for "Accessing the Wireless Network".
Pennsylvania Residents that have obtained a "Pennsylvania Resident Borrower's Card" at the Andruss Library may use their computer account for guest access.
For larger events, such as camps or conferences, you may contact the Technology Help Desk for a single shared-use account. Submit a help desk request with the following options to request a guest account:
- Problem - Account Security
- Category - Guest Wireless
- Symptom - Create Account
- All academic buildings
- Most administrative buildings
- All residence halls and campus apartments
- Academic Quad
- Behind the Student Services Center (SSC)
- Between Navy Hall (NH), Haas Center for the Arts (HCA), and Bakeless Center for the Humanities (BCH)
- Between Ben Franklin Hall (BFH) and Hartline Science Center (HSC)
- Between Luzerne Residence Hall (LRH) and Northumberland Residence Hall (NRH)
- WiFi (802.11a/g/n) capable device (laptop, tablet, or smartphone)
- An active Faculty/Staff/Student university account (HuskyID) or guest account
- WPA-2 Enterprise security protocol support and PEAP authentication protocol support (secure network only)