Student/Alumni Email Logon
Email system upgrade completed
- The email system was upgraded between June 8th and June 10th, 2013.
- Check the Live@EDU to Office365 Upgrade page for details on how the upgrade affects you.
- Alumni now need to click the Alumni logon link below and must log in with their @alumni.bloomu.edu username.
- Students now need to click the Student logon link below, which will direct them to the HuskyID Single Sign-On page.
- You should always use http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ to access your email account. This always has and always will direct you to the proper place to log in.
- Helpful tip if you are having trouble logging in since the email system upgrade:
Some students/alumni have called because they are having trouble getting to their mailbox. If you go to an incorrect web page address such as outlook.com (or perhaps an outdated bookmark), you receive an error similar to "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account". If you receive that error, you should indeed click that outlook/live sign out link and then if you come back to this page, you will find that the Student/Alumni logon links below direct you to the proper login page that will get you right into your mailbox. Remember, if you are considered an alumni account (see below for help to know for sure), you must use email@example.com to log in successfully. Always use http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ to access your email account. This is the only address we've ever given out and has always been linked from the BU website.
To log on, choose your account type:
Determining if you are a Student or Alumni
- All current and recent Students that still have an active HuskyID are considered Students, while those with an inactive HuskyID are considered Alumni.
- A HuskyID becomes inactive approximately 9-12 months after a student last attends BU.
- Students receive a notification email 30 days prior to their HuskyID becoming inactive.
- Students can use their HuskyID to log into BU resources other than just email, while Alumni only have access to their email account.
- Students can be found in the student directory, while alumni are not listed.
- When a HuskyID becomes inactive, the student's username and email address changes from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- For those that became inactive prior to the upgrade to Office 365, their username and email address was changed to @alumni.bloomu.edu on June 10, 2013.
- Those with an @alumni.bloomu.edu email address still get email messages that are addressed to their @huskies.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted.
- When a former student with an inactive HuskyID re-enrolls at BU, the username and email address change back to @huskies.bloomu.edu, but they will continue to get email messages that are addressed to their @alumni.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted back.