You are here
Student/Alumni Email Logon
Student/Alumni Email Logon
To log on, choose your account type:
Determining if you are a Student or Alumni
- All current and recent Students that still have an active HuskyID are considered Students, while those with an inactive HuskyID are considered Alumni.
- A HuskyID becomes inactive approximately 8-9 months after a student last attends BU.
- Students receive a notification email 1 month prior to their HuskyID becoming inactive.
- Students can use their HuskyID to log into BU resources other than just email, while Alumni only have access to their email account.
- When a HuskyID becomes inactive, the student's email account is deleted, unless they opt-in to retain their email account.
- Those that opt-in to retain their account have their username and email address change from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- For those that became inactive prior to the upgrade to Office 365 in June 2013, they did not have to opt-in and their username and email address was changed to @alumni.bloomu.edu on June 10, 2013.
- Those with an @alumni.bloomu.edu email address still get email messages that are addressed to their @huskies.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted.
- When a former student with an inactive HuskyID re-enrolls at BU, the username and email address change back to @huskies.bloomu.edu, but they will continue to get email messages that are addressed to their @alumni.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted back.
Email system upgrade completed 6/10/13
- The email system was upgraded on June 10th, 2013.
- Check the Live@EDU to Office365 Upgrade page for details on how the upgrade affects you.
- Alumni now need to click the Alumni logon link above and must log in with their @alumni.bloomu.edu username.
- Students now need to click the Student logon link above, which will direct them to the HuskyID Single Sign-On page.
- You should always use http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ to access your email account. This always has and always will direct you to the proper place to log in.
- After the transition, an Office365 mandatory service upgrade finished on September 23, 2013. This changed the look and feel of your mailbox on the web (Outlook Web App).
Having trouble after the 6/10/13 upgrade?
- If you receive the error "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account", you should indeed click that outlook/live sign out link and then if you come back to this page, you will find that the Student/Alumni logon links above direct you to the proper login page that will get you right into your mailbox.
- This error is only seen if you have tried logging in to an incorrect web page address such as outlook.com, hotmail.com, or live.com (or perhaps an outdated bookmark).
- Always use http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ to access your email account. This is the only address we've ever given out and has always been linked from the BU website.
- Remember, if you are considered an alumni account (see above for help to know for sure), you must use firstname.lastname@example.org to log in successfully.
- After clicking on the logon link above, Students should be seeing the HuskyID Single Sign-On login page (image) and Alumni should be seeing a login page branded as Office 365 (image).
- If you are receiving a page branded as Outlook (image), this is not the correct page and you should not attempt to log in to it, and you need to start a new browser session and try again.