You are here
Alumni E-mail - Office 365
Alumni E-mail - Office 365
Alumni Office365 Account Information
- Your Office365 alumni username is just like your student HuskyID, but it is changed from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- To change your Alumni Office365 password (while logged in to your mailbox): click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, click on Options, and then on the right side, click on "Change your password".
- If you have forgotten your Alumni Office365 password, you will need to contact the technology helpdesk in Ben Franklin Hall at 570-389-4357.
- Please note that separately, outside of Office365, you have the option to activate an ISIS Alumni Account when you need to order transcripts, pay bills, retrieve copies of your 1098T tax forms, and other similar activities. Please note these are completely separate alumni accounts available to you and do not share the same password. Even if you do not have an Office365 Alumni email account, you are able to activate your ISIS Alumni Account.
General Information on Alumni Email
- Students are currently able to retain their email account after they stop attending Bloomsburg University.
- Students that wish to retain their email account should continue using their email account and watch for an email from the Office of Technology, about 8-9 months after they last attend, informing them that their HuskyID is becoming inactive in 1 month.
- Any student that does not opt-in to alumni email within the 1 month time period will have their email account deleted, including mailbox contents.
- Whether or not an inactive student opts-in to retain their email account, they will lose access to Office Web Apps and OneDrive at time of deletion/conversion. Those who successfully opt-in only retain the email account portion of their Office365 account.
Inactive Student Opt-In Process
- Please note opting-in only retains your Office365 email account.
- You will no longer have access to Office Web Apps or OneDrive, so be sure to download any OneDrive files you wish to keep.
- If you wish to retain the contents of your network drives, you may download your files by logging in to https://remote.bloomu.edu/student.
- During the opt-in process, be sure to obtain the one-time password for your Office365 alumni account to use the first time you log on after your account is converted on the specified effective date.
- Once converted, your username and email address will change from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- Even though your primary email address is changing to @alumni.bloomu.edu, email messages addressed to your @huskies.bloomu.edu email address will continue to be delivered to your account.
- After your account is converted, you will need to log on from a web browser to change your password before you can access your alumni email account normally. See "Accessing Alumni Email Account" below for details.
If you have received notification that your HuskyID is inactive and scheduled for deletion, you may click the opt-in button below to retain your email account:
I understand the alumni e-mail opt-in process, as described above.
(If you are not already signed in to SSO, you will be prompted to sign in. Please follow the instructions on the next page to finalize your opt-in request.)
Accessing Alumni Email Account
To log in to your BU Alumni Office365 email account:
- Point your web browser to http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari recommended).
- Click on the "Log on as Alumni (@alumni.bloomu.edu)" link.
- Enter Your Alumni username (i.e. email@example.com) and current Office365 password into the Office 365 login page.
- The first time you log on you must use the one-time password provided during the opt-in process.
- After logging on with your one-time password you will be prompted to select a new Office365 alumni account password of your choice that you will use afterwards.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Configure a mobile device or email software for Office365 email.
(be sure to enter your username with the @alumni.bloomu.edu at the end)