- Complete the Laptop & Data/Video Projector Reservation Form online here.
- Wait for confirmation.
- Pick up the equipment in MCHS 1233 at the time you specified.
- Employees may sign out a laptop computer and/or data/video projector for use at an on- or off-campus location to support the instructional, administrative, or public relations processes of the institution.
- Employees may sign out a laptop computer and/or data/video projector for short-term use (seven business days maximum) to: make presentations at conferences or seminars; for record-keeping or writing related to an accreditation visit or other administrative function; for a business/industry visit or other similar function as a representative of the University.
- Laptops are not intended for long-term use, personal use by employees completing academic degree work, personal use by employees on vacation or sabatical, for long-term curriculum writing or revision projects, to deliver online course work, for extended home-based work projects, or as a substitute for the purchase of a personal computer.
- The borrower MUST submit a reservation request prior to the desired date(s). The reservation will not be booked until this step is completed. This must be done online using the Laptop Reservation Form.
- The borrower must state the purpose of the laptop use and a return date.
- By electronically submitting the reservation form, the borrower also assumes total financial responsibility for the unit should it become damaged or stolen while in his/her possession and agrees to all terms and conditions of the loan described above.
- All reservations are subject to the approval of IMS professional staff and the availability of the desired equipment.
- In the event of shortages of equipment, the following priorities will be considered:
- Administrative use connected to the operation of the institution
- Presentation being made to an on- or off-campus group
- Business/industry or recruiting visits
- Short-term curriculum development projects
- Each laptop is configured with a standard complement of word processing, database building, and presentation software and connectivity hardware. Borrowers assume responsibility for returning the unit in the same condition in which they received it. Borrowers will remove ANY added/installed software and work/data files, and set the display back to original configuration before returning the laptop.