You are here
It is illegal to host or distribute copyrighted materials without permission. This includes images, software, MP3 music files, video files, etc.
- Copyright holders, particularly from the music industry are very aggressively tracking down, identifying and prosecuting those who are sharing MP3 files.
- BU regularly receives notifications that network addresses traceable to our university are involved in the illegal sharing of copyrighted materials.
- BU can trace these addresses directly to residence hall rooms.
In cooperation with University Police and Residence Life staff, OT has established due process procedures for terminating user access to network services until the files in question are removed or the activity ceases.
- Bloomsburg University's Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- Legal use of Copyrighted Material and File Sharing at Bloomsburg University.
- Our Copyright Complaints procedure.
- Summary of Civil and Criminal Penalties for Violation of Federal Copyright Laws.
- List of Legal Media Downloads.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Copyright Complaints