You are here
How summer classes work:
- Concentrated classes in six week sessions
- 90-minute to three-hour classes, four or five days per week
- More than 450 course sections to choose from
- Focus on one course at a time
- Possible to fit in a whole semester
- Students say it helps with tough courses
- Courses transferable to many universities - check with yours to be sure
Summer Sessions at BU
Session I - May 19-August 8 (12 week session)
Session II - May 19-June 27 (6 week session)
Session III - June 30-August 8 (6 week session)
Note: Summer freshmen and Act 101 students are scheduled by the their program coordinator.
Tuition/Fees - Summer Courses
The fee schedule for summer courses is available here.
There is a maximum of 7 credits during any six-week session.
Change in Plans after Scheduling?
Visiting/Non-Degree students who officially enroll in classes are responsible for notifying the Academic Advisement Center, Martin Lacayo, in writing or by e-mail if they're not going to take the class.
This notification must be done within the first three days of classes. Students who fail to notify Martin Lacayo in writing will be assessed all tuition and related charges up to and including the date Lacayo is notified.
Note: If student has already begun a class and wishes to withdraw, an online withdrawal must be done. Instruction located at www.bloomu.edu/registrar.