Freshmen and New Student Information
New Freshmen Students - and those students admitted as Summer/January or Summer Fall Freshman. Schedules for freshmen students will be prepared by the Registrar's Office and will be available on ISIS to view.
New freshmen will be block scheduled for approximately 12 credits based upon recommended courses submitted by departments within the college.
You will have the ability to add another course during the appropriate time period allotted for credits earned scheduling. Students must consult an academic advisor to make changes to the courses that are block scheduled. Freshman who are block scheduled cannot drop a course by themselves, you must see your advisor and if they approve, can drop a block scheduled course. Click on the link for more freshman information: http://www.bloomu.edu/choices.
Students previously enrolled in a non-degree program and accepted for degree admission for the upcoming semester are included in one of the above categories.
- Freshman Choices - you've got some interesting options to enrich your college experience. Have a look!
- University Seminar - Use an online form to sign up for this useful program
- Orientation - important news and announcements as you make your transition to campus
- AP Credits - what your scores on AP exams will give you in course credits at BU
- CLEP Exams - what scores on CLEP exams will give you in course credits at BU
Your electronic account
Resources for you
- Academic Calendar - Plan ahead with calendars for classes, holidays and breaks and exams for the next several semesters
- Academic Catalog - BU's official academic catalog, including degree requirements, course descriptions, information on general education requirements and typical sequence sheets for all programs of study.
- Student Resources - A guide to resources at BU, including website indexes
New Degree Students
A new degree student is any student officially accepted by the admissions office for the fall semester. Advance deposit fees must be paid before any class scheduling may begin.
New degree students include:
- new freshmen
- readmitted students
- return from leave of absence students
- new second bachelor's degree students
Students previously enrolled in a non-degree program and accepted for degree admission for the fall semester are included in one of the above categories.
Transfer, Readmitted, Return from Leave and Second Degree Students
New transfer, readmitted, return from leave and second degree students must see their advisors first to schedule for their first semester. The advisor or department chairperson will enter a schedule for these students using the Faculty Information System.
These new students should schedule as soon as possible after advanced deposit fee payment has been acknowledged by the Admissions Office to assure classes of their choice.