You are here
Transferring Credits to BU
Transferring Credits to BU
New Transfer Course Equivalency Application
The course equivalency application is designed to allow students and advisors to look up a course at another institution and immediately see the Bloomsburg Equivalency. Prior to coming to the Office of the Registrar to complete a Prior Approval form, use this application to determine what the Bloomsburg Equivalency will be.
Always meet with your academic advisor for specific information concerning transfer courses and their application to your degree requirements.
Are you a current BU student planning to take courses at another College or University?
- Go to the Office of the Registrar to fill out a Prior Approval form (make sure to bring a copy of the course descriptions, and course numbers of the courses you want to take).
- Students can use our BU course equivalencies tool to look for course equivalents in a PA college or university.
- If you are taking the course at one of the PASSHE schools you may also fill out a Visiting Student form. Filling out this form ensures that the credit and grade will transfer back to BU, not just the credit. This also ensures the student that a transcript will be sent from the visiting college to BU.
- Once your course is finished, have an unopened, official transcript sent to Bloomsburg University, Office of the Registrar.
- Please refer to Policy PRP 3604 when transferring credit.
According to PRP 3604 - All students earning a first baccalaureate degree will take at least 30 of their last 45 credits at Bloomsburg University, no more credits are required than the 30 credits. All first baccalaureate students will take at least 50% of credits required for the Major from a PASSHE university.
According to PRP 3343 - College level courses completed with a grade of C (2.0/4.0) or above from a two-year or four-year institution, accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, are usually transferred for a degree student. With the exception of courses covered by the State System of Higher Education Academic Passport Policy, courses taken with a grade of less than C (2.0/4.0) will not transfer to Bloomsburg University. Transfer credit will be deleted if the student subsequently registers for courses which substantially duplicate the content of courses accepted for transfer.
Are you thinking about transferring to Bloomsburg University from another College or University?
Evaluation of credit earned at other institutions for transfer students is recommended by the Admissions office with final approval by the department chairperson. Credits for acceptable courses transfer. Grades, quality points, and grade point averages do not transfer. PRP 3343