PRP 5220 Safety Committee
One of the first and foremost responsibilities of Bloomsburg University will be to provide at all times a safe, healthful, and orderly environment for faculty, staff, students, visitors and all other clientele. The general safety of our campus will be the responsibility of all administrative and supervisory personnel.
The Safety Committee is advisory to the University Safety Program headed by the Safety Director. The program is supported by the Safety Committee, the membership of which will be made up from a cross section of members of the University community. The committee will review and recommend the most practical corrective action to potentially unsafe procedures and conditions found existent on our campus. Recommendations and meeting minutes will be forwarded to the Vice President for Administration and Finance for consideration and action in conjunction with the Director of Safety.
Committee members will be assigned as follows:
- 3 members and 3 alternates assigned by APSCUF
- 3 members and 3 alternates assigned by AFSCME
- 1 member and 1 alternate assigned by SCUPA
- 1 member and 1 alternate assigned by SPFA
- 1 member and 1 alternate assigned by PNA
- 1 student member and 1 alternate assigned by CGA
- 2 members and 2 alternates from management assigned by VP of Administration and Finance
Safety Director or his/her designee will serve as the committee facilitator to vote only when necessary to break ties
A quorum of 5 members is necessary to conduct official business. Each member will serve a term of 1 year.
Membership renewal will be the responsibility of the appropriate unit. Any new or added bargaining units to the University will have representation on the committee as well.