How you can help ...
Bloomsburg University and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) need your help to prevent Pennsylvania students, families and communities from losing access to quality, affordable public higher education.
To ensure Governor Tom Corbett’s budget proposal for PASSHE does not become law, please take the following steps:
- Stay informed — BU's PA Budget Impact page, BU Facebook and BU Twitter
- Learn the facts about BU, PASSHE and the governor’s proposed budget
- Follow media coverage of the budget process and timing
- Let your state legislators know your concerns. Contact them as soon as possible through e-mail, traditional mail and telephone.
Identify your legislators and contact information and use BU facts to help create your advocacy letters.
- Educate your community by talking to family, friends, students and community leaders about what’s at stake
Under no circumstances! may BU employees use campus resources including university letterhead, e-mail, phones, or fax machines to communicate with a legislator or other public official regarding budget support for BU or PASSHE.