You are here
Please check the Simulated Learning Lab's BOLT page for a list of dates, times and locations for orientation of Junior and Senior Nursing classes for Fall 2014! Look for "Orientation Schedule." This will be posted by Monday, August 18th.
- August 25 — Welcome back! This is the first day of classes for the Fall 2014 semester. Opening Day Convocation will be held at 3PM in the Ballroom at Kehr Union Building..
- August 27 — Adult Health I Skills Fest. 9AM - 1PM. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- August 28 — Adult Health II Skills Fest. 12:45 - 4:45PM. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- August 29 — Maternal Child Health Nursing Skills Fest. 9AM - 1PM. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- September 1 — Labor Day. There are no classes. The Simulated Learning Lab will also be closed August 31st and Sept 1st.
- September 7 — White Coat Ceremony. The Department of Nursing is one of 100 schools nationwide selected to offer the first annual White Coat Ceremony. This ceremony recognizes sophomore level nursing students as they enter their first clinical course and make a commitment to quality patient care. It will be held at 2PM in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall.
- September 13 — Alzheimer's Memory Walk. Please join Theta Zeta, BU's chapter of Sigma Theta Tau (The International Nursing Honor Society) and help fight the nation's 6th leading causing of death! The walk is held at Bloomsburg Town Park. Registration begins at 10AM and the walk starts at 11AM. For more information or to donate go to the Alzheimer's Association website at www.alz.org/walk.
- September 20-27— Bloomsburg Fair. This is the largest agricultural fair in PA. and one of the largest on the East Coast. Go to www.bloomsburgfair.com for more details!
- September 27 — Open House for Prospective Students. Please contact the Office of Admissions www.bloomu.edu/admissions for further details.
- October 8 — Faust Lecture. This annual lectureship will be held at 7PM in the Kehr Union Ballroom. The speaker is Sharon Hudacek, RN, EdD, ACNS-BC. More information about Dr. Hudacek is posted on the right side of this page.
- October 10 — COST Career Day. This annual event will be held from 9AM to 4PM in the Ballroom of the Kehr Union Building.
- October 10-12 — Homecoming Weekend.
- October 18 — Open House for Prospective Students. Please contact the Office of Admissions www.bloomu.edu/admissions for further details.
- October 24-26 — Parent and Family Weekend.
- November 25 — Reading/Research Day. No classes.
- November 26-30 — Thanksgiving Recess. No classes. The Simulated Learning Lab will also be closed and will reopen Monday, December 1st.
- December 5 — Fall Research and Scholarship Day. This end of the semester event is where students have the opportunity to present their research and other scholarly activities.
- December 8 — Finals begin.
- December 12 — Graduate Commencement.
- December 13 — Undergraduate Commencement.