You are here
Events and Reminders
Events and Reminders
2013 Summer Academy Applications were sent to all 9th, 10th and 11th grader Bounders and their families today! This year's summer academy runs June 23rd through August 1st. Be sure to watch your mailbox and complete the enclosed form as soon as possible. The deadline to return your form for full consideration is Thursday, February 28th.
Be sure to receive Bounder Updates by text for the 12/13 academic year. A text messaging alert system for ALL BOUNDERS and their families has been established, please text @UB1 to 714-786-6311 to join.
CENTER MEETINGS Start 2013 off right and make center meeting attendance a priority. If you are active in a club or sport, be sure to ask a member of the TRiO UB staff for a Participation Letter that can be personalized for any coach or advisor explaining the TRiO Upward Bound program and the importance of splitting your time between both groups during a season or marking period.
- Berwick HS, Wednesdays from 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm, Library, TRiO UB Staff, Ms. Stapleton
- Bloomsburg HS, Wednesdays from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm, BU WSSC #258 TRiO UB Office, TRiO UB Staff, Ms. Obert
- Mahanoy HS, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, Room 134, Mr. Nester
- Milton HS, Mondays from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm, Room #204, Mr. Davis
- Mount Carmel HS, Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:20 pm to 3:20 pm, Library, Mr. Kozlowski
- North Schuylkill HS, Tuesdays from 2:45 to 4:45 pm, Library, Ms. Lorady
- Shamokin HS, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, Room C-327, Mr. Dusick
- Shikellamy HS, Tuesdays from 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm, Room 176, Mr. McHale
- Pottsville HS, Thursdays from 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm, Room 5, Ms. Fehr
Did you miss a center meeting, scholarship resource or other important TRiO UB@BU announcement? If so, you are in luck. During the academic year, the most recent weekly updates are posted below for your convenience.
- Week of March 11th
- Week of March 4th
- Week of February 25th
- VITA Resources: Columbia County / Northumberland County / Schuylkill County
Coming soon to a center near you, download our calendar to see when a TRiO UB staff member will be at your high school in spring 2013.
ACT vs SAT SCORES
How does my ACT score compare to my SAT score?
Be sure you receive TRIO UB SENIOR CLASS TEXT UPDATES. Just text @seniorsub to 714-786-6311 to participate
JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES, AND FRESHMAN...
JUNIORS: You will automatically receive a fee waiver to take the SAT in May or June 2013. It is recommended that you wait until the spring you can apply as much math content as possible toward the test from your junior year.