Bloomsburg University at Luzerne County Community College and Lehigh-Carbon Community College
Completion Program - Early Childhood Education
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has partnered with Luzerne County Community College and Lehigh Carbon County Community College to provide a completion program in Early Childhood Education. Under the completion program, students can pursue a Bachelors of Science Program in Early Childhood Education from BU, while taking upper level courses on site at LCCC.
Students will be guaranteed admission to BU provided they follow the transfer guide for the major in Early Childhood Education, graduate from LCCC with an Associate Degree in Education, enroll at BU within one year of graduation, complete a “Dual Admissions Intent” from the beginning of their 3rd semester at LCCC, and satisfy all other BU transfer requirements to the major in Education, including GPA requirement.
Special features of the program include:
- All classes meet at convenient locations, Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke and Lehigh Carbon County Community College at the Morgan Center in Tamaqua.
- Classes meet late-afternoon and evening to accommodate the working professional.
- Bloomsburg University Classes are taught by regular BU faculty and the Bachelors of Science will be awarded from Bloomsburg University.
- Bloomsburg University faculty advisement is offered at both LCCC sites.
- Participating students can use BU services and facilities.
- Students for other colleges and universities can transfer into the program on a space available basis.
FALL 2012 COURSES OFFERED
ELEMED 334 - Tch Read EC Gr 1-4 - 3100 - Young - Mon 6-9 - Morgan Center - 206
ELEMED 340 - Tch Math EC Gr 1-4 - 3099 - D’Angelo - Tues 6-9 - Morgan Center - 206
ELEMED 329 - Young Child Play - 1276 - Walker - Wed 6-9 - Luz. Bldg. 3 Room 317
ELEMED 343 - Assess in ECE - 1296 - Young - Thurs 6-9 - Luz. Bldg. 3 Room 317
SPECED 275 - Linking Assessment - 1767 - Ziler - Tu-Th 3:30 -4:45 - Luz. Bldg. 4 Room 401
A complete listing is available on the Early Childhood Education Web.
For more information about these programs, please contact Dr. Charles Starkey at email@example.com