You are here
BU Testing Center
BU Testing Center
McCormick Center for Human Services
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
BU's Testing Center supports the university's educational mission by providing national, graduate, professional certification and distance-education examinations to students and other examinees in a professional, secure and accessible environment.
All tests are administered with high quality customer service under standardized conditions that are efficient, fair and secure. We uphold the standards set forth by the National Collegiate Testing Association (NCTA).
- BU ACCUPLACER Placement Test — All entering freshmen are required to take the placement test. Please sign up online for your desired test date and time. NOTE: Act 101/EOP students will be notified of testing dates.
- CACP — computer-based certification for anticoagulation service providers
- CASTLE — computer-based professional certification and licensure exams
- CLEP — computer-based test that helps students earn credit for what they already know, regardless of how that knowledge was learned
- ETS-Prometric — BU is an authorized ETS - Prometric Testing Center
- Foreign Language Placement Tests — computer-based assessment available for multiple languages to help BU students satisfy their MyCore Second Language Goal of demonstrating basic communication in a second language.
- GRE — paper-based subject exams used for admission to many graduate programs
- Kryterion — Computer-based certification exams for Information Technology (IT), Corporate, Professional & Trade Associations, Healthcare, Distance Education and Government
- LSAT — half-day, multiple choice standardized test required by all American Bar Association-approved law schools to measure skills considered essential for success in law school
- MAT — computer-based test that assesses your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, fluency in the English language and general knowledge of literature, philosophy, history, science, mathematics, and fine arts
- MPRE — 60-question, two-hour, multiple-choice exam to measure knowledge and understanding of established standards related to a lawyer's professional conduct
- NCE — four-hour, paper-based exam administered for the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- PearsonVUE — BU is an authorized PearsonVUE Testing Center
- Test Proctoring — provides computer-based or paper-based test proctoring and distance education exam administration
Valid photo ID required — Those who arrive without a valid photo ID will not be tested.