Student Employment Appreciation Week
To kick off BU’s Student Employment Appreciation Week, April 12 to 16, the campus is recognizing Student Employee of the Year - Sultan Riaz, a senior business administration and marketing major. Riaz works as an office assistant for Anita Hakim, graduation coordinator, in the president’s office. He earns a $500 scholarship from the BU Foundation for the award.
Stephanie Golden, a senior speech pathology and audiology major, finished second. Golden is the student assistant to the TRiO Upward Bound Program. As runner up, she received a $200 gift certificate from the University Store.
On Tuesday, April 13, teams of student employees and supervisors can participate in the fourth annual team challenge, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Student Rec Center. A spirit of competition is all you need for fun and creative office related activities.
One lucky team will win a free luncheon worth up to $100. Register your team of any number (minimum of two) by contacting Chris Gay by e-mail or by phone (570) 389-4788.
On Wednesday, April 14, all student workers and supervisors are invited for a free grilled hot dog on the patio in front of the Warren Student Services Center, from 11:30 a.m. until they’re gone.
On Thursday, April 15, the nominees for Student Employee of the Year and their sponsors will enjoy a luncheon at noon in the Kehr Union Hideaway.
- Christina Adenuga, nominated by Debbie Stolz
- Jillian Ash, nominated by Michelle Slusser
- Joan Bradbury, nominated by Elizabeth Brennan and Catherine Shooter
- Stephanie Golden, nominated by Tia J.L. Dreckman
- Lauren Heidelbaugh, nominated by Elizabeth Brennan and Catherine Shooter
- Crystal Johnson, nominated by Joan Dillon and Ailien Pham
- Kelly Lynn Kern, nominated by Patricia McGarry, Elizabeth Chyko, Molly Marnella and Frank D’Angelo
- Amanda Lockard, nominated by Michelle Slusser
- Lem Lyakir, nominated by Lorraine Presley
- Katie Noll, nominated by Alison Stone-Briggs
- Sultan Riaz, nominated by Anita Hakim
- Felix Sanchez, nominated by Andrea Helwig
- Kayla Whitmoyer, nominated by Christine Alichnie and Noreen Chikotas
- Meredith Womer, nominated by Genny Szewc
On Friday, April 16, at 3:15 p.m. in Centennial Hall 218, supervisors are invited to preview “e-Time,” a student component of ESS (Employee Self Service).