Relive the early ’60s with the Midtown Men
For immediate release: Nov. 26, 2012
BLOOMSBURG — Four stars from the original Broadway cast of “Jersey Boys” have reunited and are crooning their way across the country with a stop next month at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. The Midtown Men will perform as part of BU’s Celebrity Artist Series Sunday, Dec. 9, at 7:30 p.m. in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets cost $34.50 for adults, $19.50 for children and $17 for BU students.
The quartet — Tony Award-winner Christian Hoff, Tony Award-nominee J. Robert Spencer, Michael Longoria and Daniel Reichard — have given more than a thousand performances together on stage and on TV programs, including “The Today Show,” “The Late Show with David Letterman” and “Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve.” The first vocal group formed by the principle cast of a high-profile Broadway show, the Midtown Men are currently on their third national tour.
Upcoming productions for BU’s Celebrity Artist Series’ 2012-13 season include:
- Monty Python’s “Spamalot,” Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, 8 p.m., Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $34.50
- Luciana Souza, Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, 7:30 p.m., in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $29.50
- DALA, Friday, April 5, 2013, 7:30 p.m., Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $29.50
- Kathy Mattea, Friday, April 26, 2013, 8 p.m., Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $34.50
- Nai-Ni Chen with the Ahn Trio, Saturday, May 11, 2013, 8 p.m., Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $34.50
Further details about the group can be found at www.themidtownmen.com. For tickets or more information, visit www.bloomu.edu/CAS or call the box office at (570) 389-4409. This production is not a performance of or associated with “Jersey Boys.”
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. BU serves approximately 10,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.