BU dedicates ‘new’ Sutliff Hall
For immediate release: April 17, 2012
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania will celebrate the reopening of Sutliff Hall with a dedication ceremony at 3 p.m. Friday, April 27, on the patio in front of the building’s main entrance.
Home of BU’s College of Business, Department of Instructional Technology and Department of Economics, Sutliff Hall reopened in March following a $10 million renovation project. The 52,000-square-foot facility houses classrooms, offices, conference rooms and, adjacent to the main lobby, a Wall Street-inspired financial services laboratory equipped with real-time tickers and a trading wall with market information and stock quotes.
The April 27 dedication will feature a ribbon-cutting ceremony and remarks from members of the campus community. An exhibit on William Sutliff, for whom the building is named, will be on display inside the facility.
Sutliff was an 1891 graduate of Bloomsburg State Normal School who taught mathematics and served as the first dean of instruction, the position known today as the provost. When the building was completed in 1960, it was named for Sutliff in honor of his 40 years of service to the institution. His granddaughter, Marcia Pizer, is expected to attend the April 27 event.
For information on the dedication, contact BU’s College of Business, (570) 389-4466.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. BU serves approximately 10,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.