BU’s Wind Ensemble to present concert
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University’s Wind Ensemble will present a concert Wednesday, Nov. 16, at 7 p.m. in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Conducting will be Stephen Clickard, chair of BU’s music, theatre and dance department.
This event is free and open to the public.
Pieces that will be performed include:
- “Amparito Roca” by James Texidor. Texidor was a Spanish conductor and composer who established his own publishing company. He also conducted the Baracaldo Municipal Band.
- “Hold This Boy and Listen” by Carter Pann. Pann’s music has been performed all over the world by many ensembles and soloists such as the London Symphony, City of Birmingham Symphony and Berlin-Stockholm-Finnish Radio Symphonies.
- Rondino by Ludwig van Beethoven, composer and pianist.
- Suite Francaise by Darius Milhaud, a French composer and teacher.
- Original Suite by Gordon Jacob, a 20th-century composer.
For more information, contact, Stephen Clickard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 10,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.