Meal Plan and Flex Dollars
Rates for 2012-2013
|Students living in lower-campus residence halls must choose from 19, 14, 10 or 175 block plans. All other students may choose any or none of all the various plans. Detailed info about meal plan fees|
|19 meals/week, $200 flex||$1,450 per semester|
|19 meals/week, $250 flex||$1,501 per semester|
|14 meals/week, $200 flex||$1,309 per semester|
|14 meals/week, $250 flex||$1,360 per semester|
|10 meals/week $200 flex||$1,224 per semester|
|10 meals/week $250 flex||$1,275 per semester|
|5 meals/week $200 flex||$1,018 per semester|
|5 meals/week $250 flex||$1,069 per semester|
|275 meals/semester, $200 flex||$1,762 per semester|
|275 meals/semester, $250 flex||$1,813 per semester|
|175 meals/semester, $200 flex||$1,260 per semester|
|175 meals/semester, $250 flex||$1,310 per semester|
|75 meals/semester, $200 flex||$885 per semester|
|75 meals/semester, $250 flex||$935 per semester|
Meal Plan Changes for Fall and Spring Semesters
- Current meal plans may not be lowered or deleted after the first week of the semester.
- You must add, change or delete your meal plan on MyHousing until the end of the first week of each Fall/Spring semester.
Meal Plans for Summer Sessions
Meal plans can be added on MyHousing from 4/1/13 until 5/22/13 and changed or deleted on MyHousing until 5/20/13. After these dates, all additions, changes and cancellations must be made in person at the Bursar Office in the Waller Administration Building.
If you have questions, contact the bursar office in Waller Administration Building, (570) 389-4013.
Flex dollars - broadening options
Flex dollars are part of the meal plan during the Fall and Spring semesters and may be purchased separately by students living off-campus or in the upper campus apartments. Flex Plan details.
- Flex dollars (flex points) can be added during the Fall and Spring semesters on MyHousing.
- Flex added after week 3 of any semester must be paid within 10 days. If not paid a hold could be placed on the student account.
- Flex dollars added on MyHousing will create an amount due on your student account in ISIS within a week.
- Flex dollars added on MyHousing will be available to use in the dining halls within 8 hours.
- Students can view flex balances at the BU Card Center's Online Card Center
- Dollars can be used at any food facility.
- Each time a student uses flex dollars, the expenditure is subtracted from the balance of the student's flex account.
- Students can add to their flex account with a minimum amount of $25.
- Flex balances carry over from fall to spring semester only. Any balance left at the end of the spring semester is not refundable and cannot be transferred.
- Flex dollars are non-refundable except when a student withdraws from the university during the semester. A $10 fee will be charged for students who withdraw from the university and the flex program.
All fees are subject to change without notice.