You are here
The key messages answer the essential question of why BU?
These messages describe the quality and value of a BU education. They bring to the forefront BU’s academic excellence in teaching and learning and our commitment to providing a supportive and enriched educational experience for all students, faculty and staff.
The messages distinguish us from other higher education institutions and drive all communications.
- At BU, general education is not just a collection of courses. It’s an experience that allows students to define and integrate academic and personal interests for their professional growth.
- MyCore is a planned start for future success, allowing students to customize their general education program.
- Cross-disciplinary approach.
- Volunteerism is integral to the lives of BU Huskies. BU students participate in more than 80,550 hours of community service annually
- Students are immersed in meaningful and purposeful exploration of knowledge.
- Students are connected with faculty, staff and alumni who help align and foster their personal and professional development inside the classroom and in co-curricular activities.
- 1,605 students graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Class of 2012 with 89.3 percent considered permanently employed or continuing their education
- Success through a variety of Academic Internship opportunities
- Programs that provide career mentoring/learning opportunities, such as Zeigler Institute for Professional Development (ZIPD), McDowell Institute and Sophomore Experiential Learning experiences.