Unleash Your Inner Husky Contest
What does Unleash Your Inner Husky mean to you?
“Unleash Your Inner Husky means to not be afraid of dreaming big because there will always be support of those around you when following your passions and striving to be the best you can be.”
— Megan Van Doren
Huskies are leaders. They are motivators with a determination and driving spirit that doesn’t let anything get in their way when they are unleashed. Create a video postcard about how Bloomsburg University has made a difference in your life. How has your educational experience at BU transformed or changed you?
Your story could win one of two scholarships — $3,500 for first place or $1,500 for second place.
Five finalist videos will be selected and posted online. Members of the campus community will vote electronically for their favorite story. Winners will be notified by email and winning entries will be posted on the Bloomsburg University website, Facebook and YouTube Channel.
The deadline for contest entries is Friday, November 1, at noon. And, just for entering, you’ll receive an “Unleash Your Inner Husky” T-shirt. Questions may be directed to Irene Johnson at 389-4662 or email@example.com.
- First place: $3,500 scholarship
- Second place: $1,500 scholarship
*Scholarships for this contest are sponsored by the Bloomsburg University Foundation, Henry Carver Fund. The award is limited to tuition, fees, and room and board expenses. Scholarship awards will be equally divided among members of a team submission.
- The theme is “Unleash Your Inner Husky.” Entries must focus on how BU has made a difference in your life. Show us how BU has motivated or impacted your professional or personal goals and aspirations.
- The contest is open to all current Bloomsburg University students in good standing who are on target to graduate after December 2013.
- Videos cannot exceed two minutes.
- Entries will be accepted from individuals or teams (of no more than five people).
- Include your name or team name and email address with your entry.
- Faculty, staff, students and alumni will vote for their favorite finalist video electronically.
- Entries receiving the highest number of votes will win.
- A total of two prizes will be awarded.
- All videos formats are accepted; including mobile videos.
Entries will be disqualified if they contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to:
- Illegal or inappropriate activity, such as drinking, vomiting, etc.
- Sexual content
- Inappropriate language or profanity
- Derogatory or unflattering content related to the university, including its faculty, staff, students and alumni