You are here
All holds must be cleared from students’ records before the diploma and final transcript can be released. Holds include any financial commitments to the university including fees, parking tickets, library and health center obligations, and telecommunication bills. Any course with a grade of Incomplete, Research in Progress, or X must be changed to a letter grade before the degree can be granted. Official transcripts for final credits taken at another four-year institution must be received and recorded on your BU transcript. Education majors must comply with all PDE requirements. All transfer credits, X, I, or R Grades and all outstanding requirements must be completed 30 days from the date grades are posted in order to have your degree granted for the fall semester. If you do not have the requirements completed in the 30 days, you will need to reapply to graduate in the next semester.
Expect to receive your diploma by the end of January. If you do not attend the ceremony, a diploma cover may be obtained in the Registrar's Office, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your diploma will be mailed to your home address.
Photograph at Graduation
Island Photography will email proofs and cost to purchase the photographs of graduates that will be taken as the diploma cover is received and another off-stage posed photo. Payment in advance is not necessary in order to view proofs. If you do not receive your proofs or have questions, contact Island Photography at 800-869-0908 or www.islandphoto.com for assistance.
Second Baccalaureate Degree
An individual can earn a second baccalaureate degree upon earning a minimum of 150 credits and the completion of all major requirements for two programs of study. This can be achieved in one of three ways:
- by completing the two programs at Bloomsburg University simultaneously;
- after having been awarded a baccalaureate at Bloomsburg University by completing a second program of study and additional credits to total at least 150 credit hours earned at Bloomsburg University;
- after having been awarded a baccalaureate degree at another accredited college or university by completing a second program of study and at least 30 additional credit hours at Bloomsburg University.
If a particular course is required in both degree programs, it cannot be credited as part of the 30 semester hour requirement for completion of the second degree.
Courses used to meet program of study requirements are subject to review by the department after an interval of five years. In particular, after five years a student may be required to repeat courses in the program of study or not be allowed to apply previously completed courses toward the program of study for the second degree.
Applications for teacher certification are available from Angela McCabe, teacher certification coordinator, College of Professional Studies, McCormick Room 3128, (570-389-3810 or e-mail email@example.com). PRAXIS tests must have been successfully completed and the degree granted before the application can be approved and forwarded to the Pennsylvania Department of Education in Harrisburg. Anticipated processing time is two weeks on campus and four weeks in Harrisburg. For detailed information about certification, PRAXIS, and the application form, visit the following websites: http://www.departments.bloomu.edu/cps/TeacherCertification.html, and http://www.bloomu.edu/documents/coe/PACertificationApplication.pdf, or http://www.teaching.state.pa.us/teaching .
- Barring any holds on student’s records, a final, unofficial transcript that can be copied, along with your diploma, will be sent to your legal address approximately six weeks or less after all grades have been reported.
- Requests for official transcripts from the Registrar’s Office must include name, student ID number, signature, and address for forwarding the transcript. Indicate "hold for degree" on the request, and the official transcript will be mailed after the degree has been granted. Requests can be made in person or mailed. There is no fee for this service. Transcript request forms are available in the Registrar's Office or online at http://www.bloomu.edu/registrar-transcript-request
Voter Registration Cancellation
If you are currently registered to vote in Columbia County and know that you will be moving from the area after graduation, you must cancel you registration in Columbia County and re-register at your new address. The appropriate form is available in local libraries and post offices.
Distribution of The Obiter yearbook, which includes December, May and August graduates, is free to all graduates and will be sent in the fall semester following commencement. Questions regarding the yearbook and senior pictures should be directed to Dawn Ritter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (570) 389-4463.