You are here
Standard Graduate School Application Requirements
Standard Graduate School Application Requirements
Admission Questions? Contact Graduate Studies 570-389-4015
- The online application requires a non-refundable application fee of $35 for United States applicants/$60 for International applicants that will be paid online at the end of the electronic application via credit card. The application cannot be submitted without payment.
- Non-Degree/Act 48 Graduate Applicants must send the $35 application fee via check or money order (made payable to Bloomsburg University) along with the paper application (link above) to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301.
Official Undergraduate Transcripts, Graduate Transcripts and Additional Requirements
- All application materials must be sent to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301.
- Transcripts should indicate degree granted and be sent directly to The Office of Graduate Studies from your respective institution. Transcripts can be sent either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org OR via mail to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301. The transcript must be issued directly to Bloomsburg University (it cannot be issued to student). If sent to the student, the transcript should be delivered to The Office of Graduate Studies in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Bloomsburg University Graduates DO NOT need to submit a Bloomsburg University transcript.
- The entrance requirements to a Masters, Doctoral, or Certificate program at Bloomsburg University vary according to program. However the minimum requirements for applicants include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent degree from a foreign institution AND a minimum undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of 2.7 – 2.99 will be considered for provisional acceptance.
- Program additional requirements should be submitted upon the receipt of your application. When applying please allow sufficient time for your application materials (including test results) to be received by the Graduate Office AND updated on your MyHusky To Do List. Files will not be forwarded for review until ALL application materials are received.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR PROGRAMS WITH ROLLING ADMISSION: Application files must be complete at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester in which a student is applying.
Although the Summer Semester is broken into three sessions (two that begin on the first day of the semester and one that begins six weeks into the semester), the Summer Semester is a Semester. Anyone applying for the Summer Semester must have a COMPLETE application packet and be accepted into a program prior to the first day of the Summer Semester.
Additional Requirements by Program
Examples of additional requirements, listed by program, are as follows:
|PROGRAM||REC. LETTERS||STATEMENT||TESTS||RESUME||OTHER PERTINENT MATERIALS/INFORMATION|
|Accounting||2||NO||GRE/GMAT||YES||GMAT/GRE waived for BU Accounting majors who have a minimum 3.0 GPA in both ACCT classes and overall|
|Audiology||3||YES*||GRE||YES||Interview required; completed application packets due February 1st|
|Biology (Thesis or Non-Thesis)||2||YES*||NONE||NO|
|Business Administration||3||YES*||GMAT or GRE||YES||GMAT/GRE waiver available based on academic and/or professional experience|
|Business Education (with or w/o Certification)||2||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Clinical Athletic Training||3||YES*||GRE||YES||Minimum of 200 hrs of direct clinical observation/experience under the guidance of a Certified Athletic Trainer. Must submit a letter of verification from the Certified Athletic Trainer at time of application. Current First Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR certifications (including adult, child, infant CPR, and AED)|
|Educational Leadership (College Student Affairs/PK-12 Principal Cert/Supervisory Cert/PK-12 Counseling Cert)||3||YES*||NONE||YES||Interview required|
|Curriculum & Instruction w/o Certification||0||NO||TEACH CERT||NO||Interview required|
|Curriculum & Instruction with Certification||0||NO||NONE||NO||Interview required|
|Early Childhood Education PK-4 w/o Certification||0||YES||TEACH CERT||NO|
|Early Childhood Education PK-4 with Certification||0||NO||NONE||NO||U.S. Citizenship to be certified to teach in Pennsylvania|
|Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing||3||YES*||NONE||NO||Interview required; summer admit only; March 15th Deadline|
|Exercise Science (Thesis or Non-Thesis)||3||YES*||NONE||NO||Fall admit only|
|Instructional Technology (Corporate or Education)||3||YES*||NONE||YES||2.8 min GPA|
|Middle Level Education Grades 4-8 with Certification||0||NO||NONE||NO||U.S. Citizenship to be certified to teach in Pennsylvania|
|Nursing (Anesthesia/Practitioner/Administraction/Community Health Specialization)||3||YES*||NURSING LICENSE||YES||Completed applications for the CRNA program are due by July 1st. Applications for MSN are due by Aug 1st for the spring semester and January 1st for the Fall.|
|Speech and Language Pathology||3||YES*||GRE||YES||Completed application packets are due by February 1st.|
|Special Education/ Exceptionality Programs (DUAL:PK-8 & Early Childhood Edu/PK-8/7-12/Supervisory)||2||YES*||NONE||YES|
* Tips for writing a personal statement/objectives and goals.