You are here
Standard Graduate School Application Requirements
Standard Graduate School Application Requirements
Admission Questions? Contact Graduate Studies 570-389-4015
- The online application requires a non-refundable application fee of $35 for United States applicants/$60 for International applicants that will be paid online at the end of the electronic application via credit card. The application cannot be submitted without payment.
- Non-Degree/Act 48 Graduate Applicants must send the $35 application fee via check or money order (made payable to Bloomsburg University) along with the paper application (link above) to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301.
Official Undergraduate Transcripts, Graduate Transcripts and Additional Requirements
- All application materials must be sent to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301.
- Transcripts should indicate degree granted and be sent directly to The Office of Graduate Studies from your respective institution. Transcripts can be sent either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org OR via mail to The Office of Graduate Studies, 212 Centennial Hall, Bloomsburg University, 400 E. Second St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301. The transcript must be issued directly to Bloomsburg University (it cannot be issued to student). If sent to the student, the transcript should be delivered to The Office of Graduate Studies in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Bloomsburg University Graduates DO NOT need to submit a Bloomsburg University transcript.
- The entrance requirements to a Masters, Doctoral, or Certificate program at Bloomsburg University vary according to program. However the minimum requirements for applicants include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent degree from a foreign institution AND a minimum undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of 2.7 – 2.99 will be considered for provisional acceptance.
- Program additional requirements should be submitted upon the receipt of your application. When applying please allow sufficient time for your application materials (including test results) to be received by the Graduate Office AND updated on your MyHusky To Do List. Files will not be forwarded for review until ALL application materials are received.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR PROGRAMS WITH ROLLING ADMISSION: Application files must be complete at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester in which a student is applying.
Although the Summer Semester is broken into three sessions (two that begin on the first day of the semester and one that begins six weeks into the semester), the Summer Semester is a Semester. Anyone applying for the Summer Semester must have a COMPLETE application packet and be accepted into a program prior to the first day of the Summer Semester.
Additional Requirements by Program
Examples of additional requirements, listed by program, are as follows:
|PROGRAM||Track Option [Number of Credits]||REC. LETTERS||STATEMENT||TESTS||RESUME||OTHER PERTINENT MATERIALS/INFORMATION|
|Accounting (MAcc.)||N/A ||2||NO||GMAT or GRE||YES||GMAT/GRE waived for BU Accounting majors who have a minimum 3.0 GPA in both ACCT classes and overall|
|Audiology (Au.D.)||Traditional Audiology ; IONM||3 Letters Plus the Audiology Rec. form||YES*||GRE||YES||Interview required; Completed application packets due February 1st|
|Biology (M.S)||Thesis ; Non-Thesis ||2||YES*||NONE||NO|
|Business Administration (M.B.A)||Professional MBA ; Fast Track ( Philadelphia only)||3||YES*||GMAT or GRE||YES||GMAT/GRE waiver available based on academic and/or professional experience|
|Business Education (M.Ed.)||with Certification ; without Certification ||2||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Clinical Athletic Training (M.S.)||N/A ||2 letters Plus a letter of verification from the Certified Athletic Trainer||YES*||GRE||YES||Minimum of 200 hrs. of direct clinical observation/experience under the guidance of a Certified Athletic Trainer. Current First Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR certifications (including adult, child, infant CPR, and AED)|
|Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.)||with Certification ; without Certification ||3||YES*||TEACH CERT (only for w/o Cert. option)||YES||Interview required|
|Early Childhood Education PK-4 (M.Ed.)||with Certification ; without Certification ||2||YES*||TEACH CERT (only for w/o Cert. option)||YES||U.S. Citizenship to be certified to teach in Pennsylvania|
|Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (M.S.)||N/A ||3||YES*||NONE||NO||Interview required; summer admit only; March 15th Deadline|
|Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)||College Student Affairs ; PK-12 Principal Cert ; Supervisory Cert ; PK-12 Counseling Cert ||3||YES*||NONE||YES||Interview required|
|Exercise Science||Thesis ; Non-Thesis ||3||YES*||NONE||NO||Fall admit only|
|Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring (IONM)||N/A ||3||YES*||GRE||YES|
|Instructional Technology (M.S.)||Corporate or Education (with an option of an internship  or thesis  in both)||3||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Instructional Technology E-Learner Developer||N/A ||3||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Management Certificate||N/A ||3||YES*||GMAT or GRE||YES||GMAT/GRE waiver available based on academic and/or professional experience|
|Middle Level Education Grades 4-8 (M.Ed.)||With Certification (Language Arts, Mathematics; Science; Social Studies) ||2||YES*||NONE||NO||U.S. Citizenship to be certified to teach in Pennsylvania|
|Nursing (D.N.P.)||Doctor of Nursing Practice ||3||YES*||NURSING LICENSE (Adv. Practice and RN)||YES||Description and total number of clinical hours/cases completed in MSN program with verification from program director.|
|Nursing (M.S.N.)||Anesthesia ||3 - CRNA Recommendation Form||YES*||NURSING LICENSE||YES||Completed applications for the CRNA program are due by July 1st. CRNA Prerequisite Course Form, CRNA Clinical Experience Form, PALS, ACLS, 8 hrs. CRNA Shadowing.|
|Nursing (M.S.N.)||Family Nurse Practitioner ; Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner ||3 - MSN Rec. Form||YES*||NURSING LICENSE||YES||Applications for MSN are due by Aug 1st for the Spring semester and January 1st for the Fall.|
|Nursing (M.S.N.) or (M.S.N./M.B.A)||Nursing Administration ; Nursing
Administration/Master of Business Administration 
|3 - MSN Rec. Form||YES*||NURSING LICENSE||YES||Applications for MSN are due by Aug 1st for the Spring semester and January 1st for the Fall.|
|Nursing (M.S.N.)||Community Health Specialization ||3 - MSN Rec. Form||YES*||NURSING LICENSE||YES||Applications for MSN are due by Aug 1st for the Spring semester and January 1st for the Fall.|
|PK-12 Principal Certification||N/A ||3||YES*||NONE||YES|
|PK-12 Certification in Curriculum and Instruction||N/A ||3||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Reading (M.Ed.)||N/A ||2||YES*||TEACH CERT||NO|
|Speech and Language Pathology (M.S.)||Thesis ; Non-Thesis ||3 Letters Plus the Speech Path Rec. Form||YES*||GRE||YES||Completed application packets are due by February 1st.|
|Special Education/ Exceptionality Programs (M.Ed.)||DUAL:Special Education (PK-8) and Early Childhood Education (PK-4) (Initial Teacher Cert.) ||2||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Special Education/ Exceptionality Programs (M.Ed.)||PK-8 ( adv. cert.) ; 7-12 ( adv. cert.)||2||YES*||TEACH CERT||YES|
|Special Education/ Exceptionality Programs (M.S.)||Special Education (  w/o cert.)||2||YES*||NONE||YES|
|Supervisory Certification in Special Education||N/A ||2||YES*||TEACH CERT||YES|
* Tips for writing a personal statement/objectives and goals.