Global and Multicultural Education
BU's global education offers students an unique perspective in how contemporary people live and interact in an increasingly globalized world through a variety of programs, which include exchange programs and faculty-led study abroad programs.
Through these programs students are given the opportunity to reflect and share their own point of view and role within a global, interconnected society, as well as understand and discuss complex relationships of common social, ecological, political and economic issues.
Live. Learn. Study. Go ...
- Programs — Global education programs available to all BU students.
- Requirements — Criteria that need to be met in order to go abroad.
- Forms — Important forms to fill out before you go abroad.
- Checklist — Other items that need to be completed before traveling.
- Travel Information — Travel and safety information, packing lists, and important pre-departure information.
- FAQ — Frequently asked questions about global education.
Study Abroad: Before you go ...
We are glad you have decided to study abroad in one of our global programs. However, before you apply to the Third Party Programs Online or any other programs that Bloomsburg University administers, you need to do the following first:
- Meet with your academic advisor and discuss your study abroad initiatives, including courses in your curricula you would like to take abroad
- Complete the Applicant Interest Narrative found on page 5 of the Application Packet
- Visit the Office of Global Education (SSC 234) and schedule an advising appointment
- Make sure to bring your completed Applicant Interest Narrative to the appointment day
Students’ financial aid will be applicable for summer study. Participants are encouraged to contact the financial aid office as soon as possible. Students eligible to the Federal Pell Grant may apply for Gilman scholarships through BU.
For details of this program go to www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program. Application deadline is Feb. 25, 2013.