Global Awareness Society International
BU's student chapter of Global Awareness Society International (GASI) is recognized as a regional agent of change for advancing cross-cultural understanding, sensitivity to the impact of globalization on the planet, and promotion of partnerships between educational institutions, business and non-government organizations (NGOs) to solve world issues.
GASI was founded to create a network of scholars, professionals and others dedicated to the mutual understanding and global peace. Through intentional social interaction and civic education, GASI members wish to transform themselves to create a campus-wide cross-cultural understanding in hope to find solution for humanities' greatest challenge toward peace.
Global Awareness Activities
- Social networking with international students and faculty.
- Facilitation of activities related to BU participation in the Model African Union, European Union and Organization of American States.
- Cooperation in the planning and implementation of events and speakers on campus.
- Washington DC Trip to: World Bank, International Monetary Fund, AFL-CIO and more.
- New York trip to: United Nations, Wall Street, and more.
- Coordinating one service project per semester.
- Research minded students have a chance to develop a paper on a self -chosen topic and to then compete for a scholarship to assist in attending the Annual GASI Conference.
- And even more activities to develop leadership and organizational skills, public speaking, teamwork and more.
Global Awareness Goals
- Promote awareness of the diverse cultures within our global community.
- Promote partnerships between education, business, government and NGOs as a mean to solve world issues.
- Enhance understanding of political, economic, social, demographic, technological, and environmental issues.
- Increase understanding of science and education as ways to promote economic development and solve world issues.
- Raise sensitivity to issues related to rapid globalization.
- Increase interest in research related to global issues on and off campus.