Swapan Mookerjee, Ph.D
124 Centennial Hall
Department of Exercise Science
Email - email@example.com
Phone: (570) 389-4743
Fax: (570) 389-5047
Office Hours (Fall 2012): MTW 10a-12 pm; F 8-10 am
- Ph.D University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, State University of New York Buffalo
- MPE Lakshmibai National University of Physical Education, Gwalior, INDIA
- Diploma in Swimming Coaching, National Institute of Sport, Patiala, INDIA
- Health Fitness Specialist, American College of Sports Medicine
Research in Progress
- Mechanomyographic/Electromyographic responses during resistance exercise
- Respiratory and hemodynamic kinetics followin high intensity exercise. Collaborative project with Dr. Uwe Hoffman. Deutsche Sporthochschule, Koln, Germany
- Attainment of target velocities during isokinetic testing
- Mookerjee, S., Pinheiro, V.Physical Education and After School Programs in Modern India – Policies, Polity, and Contemporary Developments. Global Perspectives in Physical Education. ed. J. C. Thomson.Univ. of Maryland Press. In Press
- Singh, J., Mookerjee, S. Professional Preparation of PE Teachers. In "Teacher Education: Reflections Towards Policy Formulation". 2009. National Council for Teacher Education. New Delhi. India
- Mookerjee, S., Bhambhani, Y., Malik, R. Cerebral Oxygenation Declines at Exercise Intensities Above the Respiratory Compensation Threshold. Respiratory Physiology and Neurobiology. August 2006.
- Mookerjee, S., Surmacz, C., Till, M., Weller, B. Validation of an Equation for Predicting Energy Cost of Arm Ergometry in Women. Eur. J. Appl. Physiology. 95:115-120, 2005.
- Mookerjee, S., Singh, J., Cash, T. Anthropometric Profiles and Social Physique Anxiety of Physical from India, Perceptual and Motor Skills. 94:47-54, 2002.
- Wassmer, D. J, Mookerjee, S. "A Descriptive Profile of Elite U.S. Women's Collegiate Field Hockey Players." J. Sports Med Phys. Fitness. 42:165-71, 2002.
- Mookerjee, S., Singh, J., Sherman, N., Girola, A. "Status of Fitness Testing in Physical Education Professional Preparation Institutions in India: Development of Testing Norms." Intl. Council Health, Phys. Ed, Rec, Sp and Dance Journal. 38(4):47-50,2002
- Mookerjee, S., Surmacz, C., Till, M., Weller, B. "Validation of an Equation for Predicting Energy Cost of Arm Ergometry in Women" European Journal of Applied Physiology. 95(2-3):115-120,2005
- Poster presentation, European College of Sports Science. Liverpool, England, July 6 - 9, 2011. Respiratory kinetics following concentric-eccentric isokinetic arm and leg exercise
- Poster presentation, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, Denver, June 1-4, 2011.Validity of Multi-Sensor Armbands in Assessing Energy Cost of Upper Body Exercise.
- ACSM Conference on Integrative Physiology of Exercise, September 22, - 25, 2010, Miami, FL. Hemodynamic Responses Following High Intensity Isokinetic Exercise.
- Poster presentation, European College of Sports Science Congress, Lausanne, Switzerland, July 5-8, 2006
- Muscle and Cerebral Oxygenation During Intermittent Isokinetic Exercise
- Poster presentation, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, Denver, May 31- June 3, 2006
- (1) Lower Extremity Isokinetic Strength and Flexibility Impacts Flutter Kicking Performance in Swimmers
- Poster presentations, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, Nashville, May 28-31, 2005.
- (1) Energy Expenditure during Single versus Multiple Set Resistance Training Protocols
- Poster presentation, European College of Sport Science, 9th Annual Congress, Clermont-Ferrand, France, July 3-6, 2004.
- (1) Prediction and Validation of Energy Cost of Upper Body Exercise in Women
- (2) Co-author, Detection of the respiratory compensation threshold from cerebral blood volume measurements using near infrared spectoscopy
- Poster presentation, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, San Francisco, May 28-31, 2003
- (1) EMG responses during flexibility tests
- Paper Presentations, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting May 29-June 1, 2002
- (1) EMG Analysis of Bicep Curl Exercise
- Paper Presentations, American College of Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, Baltimore, May 30- June 2, 2001
- (1) Body composition and Social Physique Anxiety of Physical Educators from India
- (2) Anthropometric and Performance Characteristics of Elite US Women's collegiate field hockey players.
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine