Drug Alcohol Wellness Network (DAWN)
BU's Drug Alcohol Wellness Network (DAWN) focuses on helping students fully understand how a choice to use alcohol and drugs can affect their health, academic performance, career and legal standing.
Through its educational programs DAWN provides students with accurate and up-to-date information on which to make better informed decisions.
DAWN provides an array of services for the BU community.
- Alcohol and drug abuse assessments
- Counseling and referral services
- Guest lectures
- Student lead educational programs
- Special events programming
- Information distribution tables
- Community service opportunities
- BASICS: Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students
- Mandatory alcohol and drug classes for students who have violated university policy
Who's Eligible For Services?
You must be registered for at least six credit hours during the semester in which you seek counseling or assessment services. During the summer you must be enrolled in the summer session in which you request counseling or assessment services. All other services are available to all members of the Bloomsburg University community.
Right to Confidentiality
Federal law provides for confidentiality in your relationship with your therapist. Information with your therapist. Information you provide in
counseling or during an assessment cannot be revealed without your
There are certain exceptions to this law:
- Child abuse or neglect
- Danger of imminent bodily harm to you or another person
- Court and probation referrals