Frequently Asked Questions about Club Sports
What is the difference between Club Sports and Intramural Sports?
- Intramural Sports offers recreational activities for Bloomsburg students to compete in leagues and tournaments against other teams of Bloomsburg students with no required practices, and a lower level of commitment. Club Sports offer opportunities for Bloomsburg students to practice their specific sport 2-3 times per week and compete against surrounding schools within their designated league or at weekend tournaments.
How do I sign up for a Club Sport?
- Contact the sport’s president or captain. Their contact information is located on each individual sport page.
When do Club Sports start?
- Club sports run during both the fall and spring semester. Practices generally start the first week of each semester.
Do you have to try out for a Club Sport?
- Club sports do not hold try outs however, some teams may use a Varsity/Sub-Varsity system due to sport popularity.
Do club sports have coaches?
- Some teams have volunteer faculty coaches or student coaches/captains. This depends on the preference of the club.
Are there any fees for Club Sports?
- Fees may occur however they are sport specific and determined by each individual team.