You are here
CAS Directions and Parking
CAS Directions and Parking
Bloomsburg University is within a one-hour drive from such cities as Hazleton, Williamsport, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton; 1.5 hours from Harrisburg; 2 hours from the Lehigh Valley; 2.5 hours from Philadelphia; 3 hours from New York City and Baltimore; and four hours from Pittsburgh.
If you are coming from...
- East of Bloomsburg: Use I-80 west to Exit 236A south
- West of Bloomsburg: Use I-80 east to Exit 236 south.
- South of Bloomsburg: From Central Pennsylvania, take Routes 11 and 15 north.
- Southeast of Bloomsburg: Take Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-476) to I-80 west (Pocono Exit) to Exit 236A south.
- North of Bloomsburg: From the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, take I-81 south to I-80 west to Exit 236A south.
- The Williamsport area: Take I-180 east to I-80 east to Exit 236.
Parking on Campus
From Exit 236 or 236A and Parking on Campus | Campus Parking Map
- Using Route 487 S (AKA Lightstreet Road) immediately there is a traffic signal at the intersection of Route 487 and Central Road. (Denny’s is on the right.) Go straight, keeping on Rt. 487/Lightstreet Road for approximately one mile to a second traffic signal. Country Club Drive turns right. The university’s Boyd Buckingham Maintenance Building is on the left on Swisher Drive. Enter campus from this point for parking behind Andruss Library.
- For Celebrity Artist Series Celebrity Circle members, reserved parking is provided near Haas Center for the Arts. To get there, continue straight from the second traffic signal a very short distance to a second entrance to campus, indicated by two large Bloomsburg University signs. At the top of a short rise, bear right. Haas Center for the Arts is straight ahead.
- Parking is available in the Swisher Circle Lot located behind Andruss Library. To get there, enter campus at the traffic signal at Country Club Drive and Swisher Drive, turning left onto Swisher Drive. The parking lot is on the right. For Celebrity Artist Series events, a free shuttle bus takes patrons to Haas Center for the Arts. Shuttle service begins one hour before show time. Return service is provided after the show.
- Parking is also provided in the tri-level parking garage which is convenient to Carver Hall. The top level is reserved for Celebrity Circle Members; lower levels are available first come, first served. To get there, continue straight from the second traffic signal approximately 2 miles; just past the commuter parking lot, turn left onto Penn Street. At the stop sign, Carver Hall is on the left; the tri-level is across East Second Street from Carver Hall.
- Parking on campus is restricted during regular business hours on weekdays. If you arrive on campus before 5:00 p.m. stop at the Buckingham Maintenance Building or Carver Hall to request a visitor’s parking pass and directions for where you can park closest to your destination. Failure to display a parking pass during regular business hours will result in a parking citation that carries a $15 fine.
- Parking in the evening and on weekends is more relaxed, and passes are not generally needed. Please observe any signs indicating handicapped parking and reserved parking for VIP’s, Celebrity Circle members, and near loading docks.
- Handicapped parking is available in all of the areas mentioned above, indicated by signs, blue lines and curbing. A handicapped license plate or hanger is needed to park in these areas.
For Celebrity Artist Series events, university security personnel are posted near the venue to assist with parking questions.