You are here
We want your college education to be comprehensive, enjoyable and affordable. Bloomsburg University is committed to assisting you in accessing effective financial aid resources and helping you financially plan your education for long-term success.
What you need to know about the 2017-18 FAFSA and Financial Aid Process
(Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018 Semesters)
- File your 2017-18 FAFSA for free at www.fafsa.gov starting Oct. 1, 2016.
- Use tax information from the prior-prior year (2015).
- Upperclassmen packaging for the 2017-18 academic year will occur after the Spring 2017 grades have been posted in MyHusky.
- A signed FERPA form must be on file in order to release information to anyone other than the student.
Reminder: Our official means of communication is through your BU email. Make sure you check it frequently and take action on necessary items immediately.
If you plan to be enrolled in degree program at Bloomsburg University in the 2016-2017 academic year (Summer 2016, Fall 2016, or Spring 2017 semesters) and require financial aid, please remember to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2016-2017 academic year if you have not already done so. The FAFSA may be completed online at bloomu.edu/aid/fafsa_app. The FAFSA is required to process all forms of financial aid including grants, loans, and work-study.
Remember, if you are a Pennsylvania resident and enrolled as an undergraduate, the FAFSA must be submitted prior to May 1, 2016, for you to be considered for a PHEAA State Grant.
Loan Exit Counseling Requirement
Are you graduating this semester or have you dropped to less than half-time enrollment? If so and you have borrowed a federal loan (Stafford, Direct Student, and/or GradPLUS) you must complete loan exit counseling online. Get more details on loan repayment and options.
Financial Aid Links
- IRS Scam Warning Involving Bogus "Federal Student Tax"
- Don't Get Scammed on your way to College
- 2016-17 Special Condition Form
- Accept/Decline Loans
- MyHusky Portal
- Employment for Students
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
- Apply-Federal Direct Student Loan
- Apply-Federal Direct Undergrad PLUS
- PLUS Pre-Approval
- Additional Federal Direct Student Loan