Adolescent Education Branch Campus Option
BU has partnered with Luzerne County Community College, Lehigh Carbon County Community College, and Harrisburg Areas Community College to provide a completion program in elementary education. Under the completion program, students can pursue a four-year B.S. degree in adolescent education from BU, while taking upper level courses on site at off-campus locations.
Students will be guaranteed admission to BU provided they follow the transfer guide for the adolescent education major, graduate from the approved off-campus program with an associate's degree in education, enroll at BU within one year of graduation, complete a “Dual Admissions Intent” from the beginning of their third semester at off-campus location, and satisfy all other BU transfer requirements to the major in education, including GPA requirement.
- All classes meet at convenient locations, Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke, Lehigh Carbon County Community College at the Morgan Center in Tamaqua and Dixon University Center in Harrisburg.
- Classes meet late-afternoon and evening to accommodate the working professional.
- Bloomsburg University classes are taught by regular BU faculty and the B.S. degree will be awarded from BU.
- Bloomsburg University faculty advisement is offered at off-campus sites.
- Participating students can use BU services and facilities.
- Students for other colleges and universities can transfer into the program on a space available basis.
OFF CAMPUS ROOM LOCATIONS SPRING 2013
ELEMED 331 Teaching Science & Env Ed Pk4 1818 Morgan Center M 6:00-9:00 Hoover MC 206
EDFOUND 406 Multicultural Education (91) 2840 Morgan Center T 6:00-9:20 TBA MC 206
ELEMED 324 Lang and Lit in Diverse EC B-GR4 1811 Luzerne R 6:00-9:00 Young Bldg 4 Room 416
ELEMED 336 Teach Social Studies PK4 1825 Luzerne T/R 3:30-4:45 Steransky Bldg 3 Room 312
EDFOUND 406 Multicultural ed 2406 Dixon Center M 6:00 -9:00 Parker
SPECED 358 Methods for Ind with Disabilites 1332 Dixon Center R 6:00- 9:00 Wert