Graduates of secondary schools throughout the world who are fluent in English and can show they have the ability to finance educational and living expenses during their college career and have or can obtain appropriate visas for admission to the United States.
How to apply for undergraduate admission
- Complete an international student application and send it to the Office of Admissions by regular mail.
- Submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if the applicant's native language is not English. Minimum acceptable TOEFL score is 500 on the paper test, 173 on the computer, and 65 on the web-based.
We will also accept official scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.
- Submit a certificate of educational training accompanied by certified translations if they are presented in a language other than English.
- Submit credentials to an outside evaluation agency for course-by-course transfer evaluations.
- Submit a notarized financial statement to indicate ability to finance educational and living expenses for the duration of the student's college career. Financial statements must indicate USD and cover the $25,667.00 annual cost.
If you are interested in applying to BU, you must complete and submit an application by the following deadlines:
- Summer Semester - April 15
- Fall Semester - June 30
- Spring Semester - November 15
Foreign exchange desiring coursework (non-degree)
Students currently enrolled at a foreign college or university and participate in short-term exchange programs have different requirements.